WHAT WE OFFER
SERICC works to raise awareness, prevent and reduce sexual violence through the provision of high quality specialist support services.
Information and Support Line
Information, support and referral telephone helpline for victims and survivors of any form of sexual violence including rape, sexual assault, childhood sexual abuse, sexual harassment and sexual exploitation.
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
Specialist support and advocacy for victims/survivors throughout the Criminal Justice System. ISVAs work in partnership with criminal justice agencies to provide a service to victim’s/survivors involved in the criminal justice process. ISVAs also provide access to a range of information including sexual health and well-being support.
Specialist Sexual Violence Counsellors and Advocacy Service
Specialist, confidential counselling and support is provided to an individual who has experienced any form of sexual violence and who live or work in the areas of Thurrock, Basildon, Brentwood, Harlow and Epping. All counsellors are trained. Counselling is free and can be offered through 'face to face' or telephone support. Counselling appointments with the same counsellor. Counselling and advocacy is also offered in outreach centres in Thurrock, Basildon, Brentwood, Harlow and Epping.
Brighter Futures aims to support and equip families to learn and apply parenting skills that develop resourcefulness and resilience while strengthening positive relationships with their children.
Young People’s Sexual Violence Counselling service
Specialist support, counselling and advocacy to young people aged 13 to 25 who have experienced any form of sexual violence.
Consultation and Focus Groups with service users
SERICC is committed to ensuring the voice of victims and survivors are heard, Influencing and improving agency responses and service delivery for adults and children living with abuse.
SERICC provides awareness raising and in-depth training for agencies and professionals.
SERICC monitors and evaluates all work delivered and collects data through a bespoke Data Performance Management System DPMS.
SERICC has been professionally approved by Rape Crisis England & Wales in meeting the National Service Standards.
SERICC is a partner in the Essex Rape Crisis Partnership
Other SERICC work includes:
- Offering support and information to family members, friends and carers
- Representing surivors' voices on national and local statutory and governmental committees
- Raising awareness of sexual violence issues and campaigning about sexual violence issues
- Displays and information at events in the local community
- Maintaining links with other organisations who have similar aims locally, nationally and internationally
- Sexual violence consultation service to local, national & international agencies
- Collation of anonymous sexual violence statistical information to be used locally and nationally to inform the development and improvement of sexual violence service provision